Founded in 1817 by King William I of the Netherlands. The official language of the University was originally Latin, this changed to French in 1830 and to Dutch in 1930. Ghent University is today one of the most important academic institutions of Belgium and has an important international educational and scientific role. Acquired present status and title 1991.
- Bioscience Engineering Faculty
- Engineering FacultyFields of study: Mechanics, Textile Technology, Applied Physics, Industrial Management, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Town Planning, Automation and Control Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering, Architecture, Civil Engineering, Information Technology, Mathematics
- Medicine and Health Sciences FacultyFields of study: Dermatology, Orthopaedics, Ophthalmology, Forensic Medicine and Dentistry, Immunology, Anaesthesiology, Psychiatry and Mental Health, Paediatrics, Pathology, Gynaecology and Obstetrics, Genetics, Rehabilitation and Therapy, Radiology, Medical Technology, Pharmacology, Surgery, Microbiology, Public Health, Dentistry, Physical Therapy, Biochemistry, Medicine, Chemistry, Psychology
- Pharmaceutical Sciences FacultyFields of study: Pharmacy
Tuition fee per annum
- Admission details: Secondary school certificate or recognized foreign equivalent and entrance examination for engineering and medicine