Founded 1958 as Xin Counties Teachers College. Merged with Datong Teachers College to form Shanxi Teachers College 1959. Merged with Xin County Normal seven district schools and changed name to Xin County fifty-seven School 1969. Changed name to Xin County Teachers College 1974. Changed name to Xinzhou Teachers College 1984. Merged with Xinzhou Staff University 1998. Acquired present status and title 2000 following merger with Xinzhou Normal School.