Founded 1973. Department structure replaced 1977 by faculties. Enjoys scientific, academic and administrative autonomy and is mainly funded by the Ministry of Science, Technology and Higher Education.
- Law Faculty
- Science and Technology FacultyFields of study: Nanotechnology, Geological Engineering, Water Management, Applied Chemistry, Bioengineering, Biomedical Engineering, Genetics, Molecular Biology, Applied Mathematics, Energy Engineering, Educational Sciences, Geology, Materials Engineering, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Environmental Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mathematics
- Social and Human Sciences FacultyFields of study: Museum Studies, Heritage Preservation, Portuguese, Women's Studies, Archaeology, Library Science, Translation and Interpretation, Art History, Educational Sciences, Anthropology, Mass Communication, Linguistics, International Relations, Geography, Music, Sociology, Modern Languages, Philosophy, Literature, Political Sciences, History, English
- Chemical and Biological Technology InstituteFields of study: Technology
- Hygiene and Tropical Medicine InstituteFields of study: Biomedicine
- Admission details: Secondary school certificate or recognized foreign equivalent, and entrance examination