Founded 1972 as East Delta University, incorporating Faculties previously attached to the University of Cairo. Acquired present title 1973. A State Institution under the authority of the Ministry of Higher Education.
- Ophthalmology CentreFields of study: Ophthalmology
- Urology and Nephrology Centre
- Engineering FacultyFields of study: Hydraulic Engineering, Architectural and Environmental Design, Textile Technology, Structural Architecture, Power Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Construction Engineering, Production Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics, Mathematics
- Medicine FacultyFields of study: Dermatology, Cardiology, Neurology, Oncology, Ophthalmology, Forensic Medicine and Dentistry, Immunology, Community Health, Psychiatry and Mental Health, Paediatrics, Pathology, Gynaecology and Obstetrics, Anatomy, Rehabilitation and Therapy, Radiology, Physiology, Medical Technology, Pharmacology, Surgery, Microbiology, Public Health, Physical Therapy, Biochemistry, Medicine
- Physical Education FacultyFields of study: Physical Education
- Veterinary Science FacultyFields of study: Parasitology, Toxicology, Forensic Medicine and Dentistry, Immunology, Anaesthesiology, Cell Biology, Pathology, Anatomy, Radiology, Physiology, Pharmacology, Surgery, Veterinary Science, Animal Husbandry, Food Science, Nutrition, Biochemistry, Biological and Life Sciences, Medicine
- Admission details: Secondary school certificate or equivalent